Tuesday 10 January 2012

Photography For Dummies : Moony 11

One of the important star,one that have guide sailor on the sea for thousand of years


Previously I have talk about Sunny 16 RULE,a rule to avoid wash out,blown out picture of sky.Today I', talking about Moony 11.Have you ever have the urge of taking a moon shot because the moon was so awesome on that night but once you point and shoot the shot,all you get is a white blank spot on the screen,no texture,not even near to the awesomeness of the moon that you expect to capture because of the way a DSLR meter measures light, by trying its best to find a balance of light and dark, you’ll find it’s difficult (even with a spot meter) to properly expose something like the moon.

Well here are the solution.


The Moony 11 Rule

The Moony 11 Rule is useful for taking pictures of the moon. Because the moon reflects sunlight, it’s a similar exposure situation as a slightly overcast day. The rule works the same way like Sunny 16 Rule. Set your aperture to f/11 and your shutter speed nearest to the ISO of the camera.

Because the lighting won’t always fall squarely into these exposure rules, some tweaking may be required ,but they’ll definitely get you in the shot that you want.

The picture above was shot by me a few days ago while on my way to send my mother in law to Semenyih.The Moon look super bright and the sky is clear and as I mention in previous post,always bring along your camera..i have prove that the theory have foundation to it as I brought my camera with my 70-200 lens on that day..whew!!or else i will lose a perfect full moon..

The Bahasa Malaysia version is available.Please click the link provided below :

No comments:

Post a Comment